Faith In Action
We support lots of charities throughout the year and staff, children and their families are always extremely generous in their support of others. Money is raised through fund raising events, fairs and charitable donations from the school community. In recent years we have made donations to: Cafod; Good Shepherd Fund and the Manchester Bomb appeal.
We will also be looking to support local care homes by sending cards and messages of good will.
In school we pray in lots of different ways:
- Every week children from all year groups gather together at special prayer services.
- There are regular circle times and prayer services in classrooms.
- All classrooms have prayer areas that include liturgical images, artifacts and prayers.
- Children's own prayers are offered at Mass.
- Time and opportunities are given for personal prayer time (especially during Advent and lent).
- All assemblies and gatherings in school have a religious and prayer focus for the whole community.
We also work hard to include families in the prayer life of our school. We do this by:
- Encouraging parents and families to attend assemblies, prayer services and collective worship.
Serving our parish and school community
We serve our parish and local community in many ways, sharing God's message of love with others whenever we can. Some ways in which we do this are:
- Holding special, reflective services and liturgies in our church for our school and parish communities, especially during Advent and Holy Week.
- We organise a school-parish Mass at least once every term where children from our school lead the collective worship for the parish.
- Class assemblies are held and all children of our community are invited to participate and encouraged. These always have an RE focus.
- Carol singing during Christmas time.
- Working with Parents as partners in our Nursery and Reception classes and throughout the school.