Promoting and Celebrating Good Attendance and Punctuality
At St Francis Xavier Catholic Primary School we understand the impact good attendance and punctuality has on our children’s learning and we believe in rewarding good attendance and punctuality to engage and motivate our children. We have many initiatives to support and celebrate attendance and punctuality so that it remains a high profile in school and with our families.
To support good attendance and punctuality:
The Attendance Officer, Head of School and Inclusion make up our a strategic Attendance Team.
- Weekly Attendance Team meeting.
- Our Safeguarding Display board highlights the weekly attendance for each class to encourage 100% attendance.
- Miss Hodby holds a half termly celebration of good attendance in a whole school assembly. Each child with 100% attendance at the end of every half term will receive 100% attendance prizes.
- Class attendance is shared on the Monthly newsletter
To reward and celebrate good attendance and punctuality:
- Every week we hold a celebration assembly to award a small prize to the class with the best attendance.
- At the end of each term, the class with the best attendance win a movie afternoon.
- At the end of the year, every child who has achieved 100% attendance is awarded a 100% certificate. Their name is also put into a prize draw to win a special prize.